Doctoral Consortium on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management (IC3K 2014), Rome, Italy, October 21 - 24, 2014
October 21 - 24, 2014
Doctoral Consortium Chair:
Gabriella Sanniti di Baja, Institute of Cybernetics "E.Caianiello", CNR,
Doctoral Consortium Submission: July 21, 2014
Author Notification: August 1, 2014
Camera Ready and Registration: August 21, 2014
The 6th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management - IC3K 2014 (http://www.ic3k.org/) will hold a Doctoral Consortium on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management providing an opportunity for graduate students to explore their research interests in an interdisciplinary workshop, under the guidance of a panel of distinguished experts in the field.
The Doctoral Consortium will provide students with an opportunity to:
- Present their research work in a relaxed and supportive environment;
- Receive feedback and suggestions from peers and experienced faculty;
- Gain an overview of the breadth and depth of knowledge discovery, knowledge engineering and knowledge management;
- Obtain insight into directions for knowledge research taken by other doctoral candidates;
- Discuss concerns about research, supervision, the job market, and other issues;
- Network with peers and future colleagues
The paper that a PhD student can submit until July 21 needs to be written in a specific format, appropriate for facilitating the aforementioned discussion, therefore it is expected to be a much simpler paper and definitely not a regular paper.
There will be a review and selection process and the accepted papers will be included in the CD-ROM that also includes the proceedings of the conference. Additionally, the papers of the Doctoral Consortium presented at the venue will also be included in the SCITEPRESS Digital Library. However, they will not be included in the book of proceedings as archival publications therefore they will remain free of copyright and the registration will be a "student registration".